History of our SunPower C&I teams before we welcomed them to TotalEnergies
The evolution of C&I Solutions started with PowerLight Corporation. PowerLight specialized in the design, manufacturing, installation and maintenance of commercial-grade, large-scale and grid-connected solar power systems. On January 10, 2007, PowerLight was acquired by SunPower Corporation, a publicly traded solar company that serves the residential, commercial and utility-scale power plant markets.
As part of SunPower, we were instrumental in the construction of large-scale projects for top-name brands such as Target, Macy’s, Bed Bath & Body and Walmart. The majority have returned to us as repeat customers to expand their solar portfolios. These ongoing, long-term relationships have allowed us to become one of the most experienced and knowledgeable teams building retail solar rooftops, carports and ground mounts in the United States.
In the public sector, we completed projects for organizations such as the Delaware River Port Authority, the U.S. Armed Forces, Rancho California Water District and the County of Santa Clara, CA.
In the education sector, we have been partnering with colleges, universities and K-12 school districts for 25 years. Customers include Kern High School District, Los Angeles Unified School District, University of California - Davis, California State University, Princeton University and Stanford University.
In 2011, TotalEnergies acquired a majority stake in SunPower, forming a strategic partnership that remains to this day. The partnership led to TotalEnergies’ acquisition of C&I in February 2022 as part of its strategy to expand its distributed generation business.
- Nearly 30 years experience in the industry, focusing on solar solutions across all mounting types and market segments
- SunPower ranked #1 in cumulative commercial volume from 2017-2020, including as the #1 commercial provider in each of 2017, 2018 and 2019. 
 Wood MacKenzie, US PV Leaderboard (March 2021). SunPower ranked #1 in cumulative commercial volume 2017-2020, including as the #1 commercial provider in each of 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- More than 1.2 GW in operating and under construction projects at over 1,500 sites
- Total of 22 MW/55 MWh energy storage installed in both U.S. private and public customers
- Total of 53 MW/138 MWh energy storage contracted in both U.S. private and public customers
- More than 750 sites under contract
- More than 1,000 module cleanings per year
- $ 1.75B financed deals
Our diverse customer base includes solar projects for Fortune 500 companies, local school districts, universities and colleges and local and federal government organizations.
|Organization Type||System Size|
|Federal Agencies||118 MW|
|Local Government||212 MW|
|Higher Education||176 MW|
|Private Companies||306 MW|